Thursday, December 21, 2017

Reminiscing on the 90s! TV Shows

This week on Going Off Topic we are going back to the greatest decade, the 90s. I reached out to a few friends and family members who grew up during that time to cover a few categories: Music, Movies, TV Shows, Athletes, Toys, Stores, Video Games/Board Games and Crushes from the 90s. I gave them the reins to discuss each topic whether that meant things they remember from each category, things they had or loved, things they didn’t have but wish they did. I enlisted a few returning people but most are making their blogging debut. Each day we will be covering a new category with each person’s opinion on that topic. The third category for the Going Off Topic 90s week is TV shows so head to Netflix and watch some of your favorites!

Kyle:
There were so many good kids TV shows in the 90s: Animaniacs, Doug, Hey Arnold, Recess, Dexter’s Lab, Arthur, Magic School Bus, The Wild Thornberrys, Powerpuff Girls, CatDog, Biker Mice From Mars and so many more. As a kid we were not allowed to watch Rugrats because my Mom did not like Angelica. I don’t think I could name any shows that kids are watching today; we need to rerun the 90s TV shows as much as possible for kids now. Other shows I remember watching with my parents were Home Improvement, The Wonder Years, The Drew Carey Show, Friends, Frasier, and ER are a few I remember.

Ellen:
So many great TV shows! My dad would let us watch The X-Files with him all the time and then we would get scared shitless and cry in the middle of the night to my mom. She loved it. The X-Files is a classic show and I still randomly watch it on Netflix. “I want to believe”. Boy Meets World was another show that I loved so much! I want to go back and watch it again one day. Dawson’s Creek, now I didn’t watch this until my college roommate introduced it to me and let me tell you, it’s bitchen. So much drama! It’s like One Tree Hill only circa 1999 and I was all about that. Team Pacey forever! I watched a lot of Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Rugrats, Hey Arnold, Clarissa Explains It All, Are You Afraid of the Dark?, Sister Sister. But the best of them all was Animaniacs, All That, and Pinky and the Brain. These shows were so good! “What are you doing?” “Hiding.” “From who?” “From the little puppy children.” Oh my god, I still quote Animaniacs to this day! “Helloooooo nurse!” So inappropriate, but so funny.

Shannon:
It's time for Animaniacs!
And we're zany to the max! 

C’mon, even my dad liked that show because it was amazing and hilarious and just plain awesome. And then there was Pokemon. I don’t even have to say anything about that because that’s a whole lifestyle. The Pinky and the Brain, and then who remembers Gargoyles?? I think I just remember the theme song of it but it was amazing! Then there was Ducktales. Not the new weird one, but original good one, with Huey, Dewey and Louie causing havoc and adventure for everyone involved. Arthur taught us how to spell aardvark, and the Magic School Bus taught us all about everything. Then there were the shows like Ed, Edd and Eddy which only made us laugh, but it was so worth it. Then, one of my favorites was the Wild Thornberry’s, with Nigel?? He’s making a comeback with those memes and gifs, and he needs to! Kids gotta know Nigel!! 

Becca:
I am never more grateful to have grown up in the 90’s then when I think about TV. For real we had the best TV out there. Rugrats, Rocket Power, Doug, Hey Arnold, Sister Sister, Boy Meets World, Clarissa Explains it All, and Full House are just a few of the shows that I remember watching all the time. I always wanted to be a Tanner or a Pickles! So much better than what’s on Disney and Nickelodeon today! 










No comments:

Post a Comment

New Website!

The Going Off Topic is moving! The Anything But Credible Network has added the Going Off Topic blog to their network and even gave me my own...